By default the public Docker container will install the free XSLT processor Saxon-HE. This is sufficient for most purposes.
In order to deploy OpenEndpoints with the commercial version Saxon-PE you are required to buy a license for Saxon-PE (Professional Edition) and create a Docker container using that edition. The license isn't expensive and it's absolutely worth the money.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- 2.Install Java 11 and Maven on your computer if you have not already done so.
- 3.Check out the OpenEndpoints Git repo to your computer if you have not already done so.
- 4.Execute the following command to install the Saxon-PE JAR that you have purchased into your local Maven repository on your computer:
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=<path to your Saxon-PE file> -DgroupId=net.sf.saxon -DartifactId=Saxon-PE -Dversion=220.127.116.11 -Dpackaging=jarreplacing your path to your downloaded file as appropriate. Keep the -Dversion the same, no matter what version you've actually downloaded.
- 5.Copy the Saxon-PE license file to your Git checkout, placing it in the path
- 6.Execute the following command to build OpenEndpoints with Saxon-PE:
mvn -DSaxon=PE clean package
- 7.Build the Docker image using a command like
docker build -t endpoints-pe .
- 8.Push the Docker image to your Docker repository. Note that the terms of the Saxon-PE license do not allow you to make this Docker image public in any way.